Thursday, June 3, 2010

ORD - LHR

I decided to start off this trip by coming over to London to visit Robert and his family.
The days leading up to the departure were hard... I'll have to be away from my wife for 3 months, and that sucks... Looking into those blue eyes and seeing them swell with tears was just too much... But I'll know we'll be OK, and that our reward will make it worth while!

The flight itself was uneventful – which is really all you can ask for nowadays. Had a crappy chicken curry and the lady next to woke me up because she needed to go the bathroom. I left at 6pm Chicago time and arrived at London at 8am. After a long line in immigration I had my first encounter with the London public transportation, which is quite complex, but highly organized. Robert had sent me some very detailed directions, and I arrived in their house quite easily. I even had time to explain to a tourist the difference between the Heathrow Express and the Connect – which mind you I had just figured it out about two seconds before.

No comments:

Post a Comment