Monday, June 7, 2010

First day as a Googler / Noogler / Zoogler

Today was my first day at Google! People that work at Google at referred to as Googlers, new Googlers are called Nooglers, and the Googlers from Zurich are called Zooglers.
First let me say that they have the coolest offices I have ever seen! Full of fun and quirky things like slides, fire poles, micro kitchens with themes, game rooms, meeting rooms in the shape of eggs, etc. You are obviously not allowed to take pictures inside the office, but they do have an official album of what the office looks like at: http://picasaweb.google.com/photos.jobs/ZurichOfficePhotos#
Most of the day was filled with HR stuff and different presentations. I did get to meet my boss and my team and they all seem very nice. Everyone there seems to be extremely smart, talented, and eager to help. I can't wait to start working on my project.

No comments:

Post a Comment