Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Way too expensive!

This is a short post, I just need to complain about how ridiculously expensive Zürich is!
According to Wikipedia, Zürich is the 6th most expensive city in world (Tokyo is 1st, New York is 9th, Chicago is 50th and San Jose is 132nd).

Prices here are just absurd! A beer at Zurich Fest was 9 francs. I got a haircut today (there is a hairdresser that comes to Google a couple of times a weeks) and after the Google discount it was 40 francs! - I could have gone 3 times to Supercuts. I went to a Lebanese restaurant with a couple of colleagues and it was 70 francs per person! – at least it was really good food...

The upside of this situation is that people earn even more ridiculous salaries here! I had never seen so many Porshes, Ferraris, Maseratis, and Lamborghinis – actually come to think of it, some of these cars I had never seen before in person!

No comments:

Post a Comment